Thursday, June 2, 2011

Swim Lessons

With Reid and Kaari, we were in the parent-and-me swim classes within their first year or at least within the first two.  Not the case with the third (activity deprived) child.  :)  Not so secretly, I'd been waiting until Tyce was old enough to be in a swim class that didn't require Mom or Dad to join him in the water.   He is now of independent swim age so in May he started swimming lessons.   Lucky for us there is a class for Kaari at the same time and in the same pool.  I knew Kaari would be ALL over it as she is with any activity but Tyce I wasn't so sure of.  When I asked him (after I'd already signed him up) his response was:  "It's just little tiny water (gesturing with his hands to reflect a 2 inch depth), right?"  At this point, I began to wonder if we'd be sitting at the poolside despite my attempt to avoid full participation.  Thankfully, once he saw the comforting submerged steps that are his classes' home base, he was all in


This is when he proudly shares that he can blow nose bubbles.  Wahoo!




Added bonus for Kaari - her besty is also in her swim class.  SO FUN!


The grand finale of each class is jumping in the pool a couple times each.  Definitely favorite for both kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment