I haven't had much opportunity to pull out my camera since school started and life went from busy to frantic whirlwind but we've noticed this cute little tree frog right outside our front door in the Rose of Sharon tree for weeks now. He seems to have taken up residence in a portion of hose with wire through it we wrapped around the small tree trunk and attached to posts to keep the tree from leaning too far over. Most of the tree frogs we find are tiny green guys but this one is like the tree bark with brown, orange, and white. I went out today thinking if he was there still I'd grab my camera with extension tubes and tripod and capture the little guy. I didn't see him at first and was ready to go inside when I realized he was actually hiding out inside the piece of hose.
1/8 sec, f 7.1, ISO 800, 70mm + ext tubes
A little later he came out, climbed on top of the hose and said hello.
1/50 sec, f 5.6, ISO 800, 70mm + ext. tubes
I was wishing Kaari were home from school to hold up a reflector or maybe a colored piece of paper in back of the frog so it wouldn't be so blown out behind the little guy. Maybe next time.
No comments:
Post a Comment