We just loved Boston - all the brick, parks, and history right in the midst of skyscrapers and hustle 'n bustle of the city. With respect to photography, I wish I'd pulled out my circular polarizer. Buildings and monuments aren't my thing but it was a fun change of pace for me.
Boston Public Garden
Granary Burying Ground
This was just a skip away from our hotel (Omni Parker Hotel) and is where Samuel Adams, Paul Revere, & John Hancock were buried.
The Old State House from across the street. Every year on the fourth of July, someone stands on the balcony and reads the Declaration of Independence.
The site of the Boston massacre was below this balcony.
Faneuil Hall/Quincy Market (above and below)
This monument to soldiers (above) is near the Old North Church
Just a fun shot of this small door also near the Old North Church.
Boston Marathon winners 'plaque' on South end near the Public Library.
Church reflection (can't remember the name of it) near the Public Library
From what we were told the restaurant in the Omni Parker Hotel where we were staying is known for it's Boston Cream Pie. Crazy that neither Dave nor I had ever tried it (to our knowledge). We figured it was a must. It was -Yum!
Walking just off the Freedom trail, the textures of this wall stood out to me. I think this was just north of Faneuil Hall Marketplace I believe.
We had a good laugh (especially Dave) getting this shot. I set the camera across from us and set the timer but I accidentally set the timer for 1/2 the normal time and ended up with a couple shots of me between the camera and Dave hustling to get to my spot. We were on our way back to the hotel from the northend after an amazing early Italian dinner at Limoncello. The extra running was probably just what I needed really. :)
We took the T out to Cambridge to check out Harvard. We enjoyed the Harvard vibe, had a great lunch at a local hangout and wandered to our hearts content.
Fall leaves reflected.
Harvard Square















No comments:
Post a Comment