Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Mexico Water and Weather - Sept

We took lots of family shots on our recent vacation to Mexico but here are some of my favorite more scenic shots.


This first one of course is two of the kids.  They were all like fish and spent hours each day swimming.  I like that you can (or at least I can) tell who is in this image but it feels more abstract since they are underwater.

 This is Reid and a new buddy playing in the surf at sunset.  The moon was so beautiful (and was orange as can be after the sun set) but was so small you really can't see it well here.

Our nightly view of the sunset.  This wasn't necessarily the prettiest sunset but I love how orange the sun and sky were. 

There were amazing lightning storms quite a few of the nights we were there.  We would wake in the middle of the night and sit on our covered balcony for hours watching. The thunder would rumble on and on.  The flashes of light were constant for hours (although a lot of the time we only saw light - no bolts).  I didn't try shooting the lighting until several nights into the storms.  Wish I'd had my tripod and a remote trigger for these but I liked that this one hits the water.  Most seemed to hit the island or behind it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment