Time is certainly weird. It's been about 5 weeks since my Dad's surgery to remove the carcino sarcoma and only 9 since the whole thing began (or since we were aware of it). Yet in a way it feels like a lifetime ago that we spent each October day at VM...
...praying for healing and just spending time together as a family. I must say I am so grateful for the time with my parents and siblings. I'm pretty sure the five of us 'kids' have not had so much time together since we actually were kids.
And we are ever so grateful...
...that that month is behind us and my Dad is working hard to get his strength back. I'm so impressed by his drive and positive spirit. And ALL the prayers and support have been so amazing and helpful beyond words. I know my entire family feels incredibly blessed.
And so GRATEFUL to see this smiling face (albeit exhausted) at our Thanksgiving day celebration. (As my Dad encouraged us all to say through this entire process, "Thank You, Jesus!")
Thanks so much for the continued prayers and support as my Dad moves to the next phase of this journey with radiation starting mid-December.




I'm so glad your dad is getting better! Great photos, Jess. You'll be glad you took these. Gosh, he had a nice view from his hospital window! Hope you have a great Christmas with him home now.
ReplyDelete