Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Schools NOT Out For Summer

Wednesday 6.22.2016

Today marked the first day of our Spanish classes.   We met our teachers and dove right in to learning.  Reid, Kaari, and Tyce are in class together Monday - Wednesday with their teacher, Thelma. Tyce will have his own teacher every Thursday and Friday while R & K will remain with Thelma.  Along with beginning with the basics, (alphabet, greetings, and common questions/answers, and related vocabulary to study), the kids got to go on a walk in the neighborhood while Thelma taught about what they saw.  They met a neighbor and were excited to get to pick mangos from his tree to take back and enjoy at class. What more can we ask for?!  :)  Oh yeah, and Thelma has amazing things planned including outings each week for all three.  (I'm really quite jealous of this!)

My teacher, MariaElena is great.  I've been practicing since we arrived, of course, but it's fantastic to add formal learning to the practice that comes naturally by being here.   We spent much of the time in review to identify where I'm at and what I'm hoping to gain.

I completely forgot to take pictures but will try to get images of our teachers and the kids with them.

Just watched the sun set and now, it's off to do some homework for me.

Red sky at night, sailors delight.  Another beautiful sunset.
 

2 comments:

  1. Love this. You guys are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I type, Kaari is outside typing Rachel a message. Boy, does she miss your sweet girl!!! Wish travel abroad was a bit easier (and a lot less expensive. :)) Hugs and prayers to you all! We'll keep writing. We haven't tried skype yet... usually use facetime although we haven't tried that from Mex either. I'll see if we can figure that out and maybe the girls can chat face to face.

    ReplyDelete