Monday, July 4, 2016

Dirty Laundry

7.4.2016

First of all Happy Independence Day!  Since it's not celebrated here, of course, I actually forgot it was the 4th until I got to school this morning.  Hopefully, everyone has a safe and fun 4th!

Now, onto dirty laundry.

But wait, first, the weather.  The weather here is, in a word:  HOT.  In three words:  HOT AND HUMID!
For example, today it's 91 degrees but feels like 106 degrees with the humidity.  It's been that hot or hotter pretty much everyday since we arrived.  We are adapting but nevertheless, this much heat equates to a lot of SWEAT.  Sweat leads to dirty laundry and with 5, now 4 of us, plenty of it.

With lots of laundry, we definitely miss the convenience of the washing machine.  We could take our clothes to a laundromat or have them picked up, washed, folded and returned the next day but for one, I don't want to pay for each undergarment, pair of socks, etc.  Secondly, since we now have a sink with a washboard and clotheslines on our back patio, I figure it's a great opportunity for the kids to do their own laundry. And, hopefully, when we get home, they'll have a greater appreciation for the ease and convenience of our washing machine.  I sure will!!!

Ironically, with all this heat, the mere action of doing my laundry I create more laundry of whatever I happen to be wearing during the task!  :)
Tyce learning to do his own laundry.  Luckily his clothes are small!
Reid chants "plunge, scrub, repeat... rinse" as he cleans
Happy washing!


1 comment:

  1. I so wish my kids were getting here lessons on laundry! Truly J this is super! Kaari I love the hair cut!!

    ReplyDelete